Sunday, April 21, 2013

A Walking Tour of R-Dam

This weekend, I had no plans.  On Saturday, I had a lazy morning, I attempted to go running (despite the sun in the sky, the weather was a brisk 46' and windy...), got a nice shower, did some laundry...and finished my book (LOVED The Rules of Civility, the author has such a knack for words).  I then ran a few errands, made dinner at home, went for some wine at a bar, and  got stuck talking to an annoying guy and his friend, so Saturday, I called it in early.

But Sunday, I woke up and after a lazy breakfast, I headed out to go to church (and purchased a pair of boots along the way - hey! the low boot is really in here - and I was so out with my high boots).  And church fail.  As it so happened, the service was cancelled...so instead I went and had a late lunch, and started my own walking tour of Rotterdam.  All in all, I walked over 5 miles.  Needless to say, after the run yesterday and the walking today, my thighs are a little sore, but none worse for the wear.

Enjoy the sunny shots of my new city (in walking order)!



Witte de Wittestraat - "White with the Street"


Bike Trees!

They love architecture


Put a bird on it!



The Euromast - the highest point in Holland.


De Maas



The Erasmusburg Bridge

Love, Holland.


At the harbor

Some houses that survived the war.

Big "D" is always watching...

Some new construction.


Crossing the bridge.

Having a glass of wine at the Hotel New York.

From here to Ellis Island...

Took a water taxi back across the river.



The Inntel Hotel

"Design is a tradition not a trend."


Random Dutch sculpture

Looking down Delftsevaart to the Grote de Sint-Laurenskerk.

And home again at last - the window above "KITA".

No comments:

Post a Comment