Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Flirting.FAIL.

I saw an episode of American Dad the other day, where they were watching Betwitched

 and Stan wanted to have Francine make him martini's after work - well, it failed horribly for them.

But it got me jonesing for a martini real bad.

I had the gin, but no olives.  So I went to Freddy's to pick up the necessities.  I found the olives - soaked in vermouth - which made me realize I needed more than just gin and olives...hehehe - and went to the new, "1183 initiative" liquor section (woot woot!) to find the dry vermouth.

While walking around, I saw this attractive silver-haired man, and "luck" have it, he was headed straight for the liquor as well - my kind of man.  I quickly performed my vermouth-search, and was walking past him, when he started talking to me about the liquor selection and the increase in the tax on the alcohol.  I said, oh, that sucks, but it's nice getting it here (paraphrased).  We exchanged what we were searching for (him bitters, me vermouth).

He momentarily looked for me, I said thanks for the help.  And asked the Freddy's fish man where it might be.

As I turn to head to "aisle 4 or 5", silver-man went on to point out the Dry Fly.

Me: "No, I haven't had, it but, I know it's local and have heard it's good." (I continue to walk away)

He says, "those are really nice boots, my GIRLFRIEND would like them".  Ahhh really, you just pulled the girlfriend card on me? Fine, whatever, you were starting to creep me out anyway.  But silver-fish continues...

As he bends down to look at said boots, reaching out to touch me (Clovis don't like to be touched...)  :"What are these leather?"

Me: "No, they were only $20"

Silver-fish: "Really, they feel like leather"

Me: "Nope"

Silver-fish (standing up-ish): "Huh, they are really nice, she'd really like them" (starts to bend down again) "Are the toes suede?"

Me (pulls away): "No, it's all the same material"

Silver-fish: "Where did you get them? Those are exactly her style"

Me (thinking, what are you gonna take them from me???): "gojane.com"

Silver-fish: "go jean?"

Me: "GOJANE, like 'see jane run'"... and I walk away at this point, as he says "so aisle 4 or 5"...

Not sure what his point was in this whole "flirtation" attempt.  I thought he was cute, then thought he was gay, and it turns out he has 'a girlfriend'.  Would you REALLY mention that in a store-drive-by?  Either way, made me shake me my head and laugh.  What's your worst/best pick-up story?

No comments:

Post a Comment