Monday, March 12, 2012

Dinner...Success?

I recently got a few sprigs of fresh rosemary from my friend's backyard...and have been looking forward to roasting some red potatoes with them.  Today, I came across this recipe for "Moroccan Mint Roasted Vegetables" from a great food blog - 101cookbooks.com.  Well, there was no rosemary, but after a quick "rosemary roasted vegetables" search, I came up with a suitable idea from Epicurious.  A few potatoes, a couple of carrots, and some asparagus in olive oil and sea salt for 20 min at 400. Then I added some smashed garlic, pepper, and rosemary for another 20, and I came up with a delightful dinner.

I also opted for the 101 Cookbooks idea to add some plain yogurt.  I used greek, with a little more sea salt and a spray of lemon juice.  Sometimes, the unexpected is exceptional!  And I'm looking forward to trying the roasted vegetables in the Moroccan style.

Moroccan Roasted Vegetables
Photo credit: 101cookbooks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment