Sunday, July 14, 2013

An Education in Mormonism

One of the best parts of living in Holland was that my bestie was living in London at the same time.  While I don't think I got to see her enough, we did have some great weekend plans together.  And in mid-July, she's bought us tickets to see the Book of Mormon in London for my birthday!

As so frequently happens, my flight journey was a little rocky.  Not having traveled outside the Schengen area since my passport was stolen, I got a taste of how difficult it can be to get into a country.  Yes, I had the problem in the UK - without a proper Dutch visa (my temporary one was in the passport, and I had not been given my permanent card - which would not come until the week before I left Europe...), I had some difficulty explaining to passport control that I would be able to get back into Holland and, I really didn't appreciate the "where you should keep your purse" lesson from the witchy UK lady.  

That small snaffu aside, I did get through, and would only have a slight problem trying to get out ("Miss, your passport must be valid for 6 months to travel on it" - Yes, I understand, but this is a temporary one, it's only valid for 3, calm down child - and for all the UK mean-ness the Dutch took me back no questions asked). 
Phew, I guess I got all the crap out at the airport - because the rest of the weekend was fantastic.  Got to see Hillary's new place, we saw Band of Horses perform at the Somerset house, I got to see that my new camera performed spectacularly at concerts, the weather was incredibly warm, we got train-mojitos, did too much shopping, saw my 2nd play in London (the first was Monty Python - duh), and met the "real life" Inbetweeners (they had such crushes on Hill-billy - it was adorbs)!  July was a busy busy month, and this was a great escape to catch up and re-charge for the 2nd half of my time in Holland.

No comments:

Post a Comment