Friday, January 8, 2010

New Shoes!

There's rarely a better way to start a Friday than with new shoes on.  What is it about our shoes that gives us confidence?  We, as women particularly, place a lot of importance on footwear.  A shoe can either make or break an outfit, or just add to the overall "blah" factor.

I finally "invested" (and I say that lightly, as $25 is barely an investment) in some booties - purple booties to be exact.  When booties first came out, I thought they were horrid (much how I didn't like flats)... but they've grown on me.  I mean, really, it's kinda easier... no shoving my full calf into a boot or trying to find the right pants to shove into them (or the right socks, because heaven forbid you wear the tight calf boot and have to peel it off)... cuz well, they just stop at your ankle! (and I have to think that if you happen to be struck with cankles... err I mean fat...think of how hidden they would be in a pair of booties!)

I received these purple wonders in the mail on Monday and immediately began pairing them with all sorts of things - though, I ran into a little hitch, since I don't have a full length mirror anymore (*sigh* a memory of another thing I was "forced" to give up when moving...my ex was a minimalist...and since he was helping me move some of that minimalist attitude got projected towards my stuff.  I should have fought harder!).  So there I am, home alone, climbing atop my bathroom counter to try to gain some perspective on the outfits, while trying to avoid running my head into the vanity lights.  Trust me, with all the crap on my counter, I could have easily slipped, fallen and been left for dead, thank goodness I don't have a cat that would eat me (see SATC).

Well, this Friday I decided to debut the new shoes w/ my "jaggings" (I adore my grey jeans/leggings), a white tank and my blazer (sleeves rolled up) - and yes, I've been reading a LOT of Glamour lately...(I was super behind).  And the 2nd thing the receptionist said to me (after saying, "oh it's just you"), was let me see those boots, and that coat!  So I walked (runway style - circa Cheri freshman year of college) back to them.  Showed off my little booties and my adorable Guess coat (see picture at left).  What a way to start a Friday, getting compliments on a new outfit!
And now, that you're all chomping at the bit... the shoes! (And yes, they are comfortable)


1 comment: