Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Piloting...

It's finally starting to, noticeably, happen. My body is aging. I saw it when I was looking in the mirror this week. My under boob could hold a pen. You know, I'd known it was coming. Probably six months ago I could do the arms up (22), arms down (32) and not much was changing. Slowly though, it was. And not only can I now hold writing instruments in unuseful places, I've got the upsidedown "v" happening between my boobs. Shit. I'm old.  I couldn't find an available Cougartown clip, but the opening Pilot scene shows Jules analyzing her aging (albeit HOT self).
I have a feeling that things will continue to get "worse". I mean, I wore nylons this week. I HATE nylons. But my legs are turning wintery and not shaving well. And you know, I expected this, knew it was going to happen. But hoped that at this point I would have locked down a man, so that he knew what "once was" and could live through this aging process with me. Instead, I'm experiencing it alone, and am feeling an even more intense pressure to find a man - because we all know they are much more visually driven and no matter what they say, they care about that shit. 

So here I sit, with nylons helping to keep the fat in, hide the age spots, and keep the legs faux-svelte, grateful that the grey hairs haven't shown up, but hoping that things retain at least a little of their elasticity, or I guess I'll be calling on my plastic surgeon friend a little earlier than I intended...

This blog is dedicated to a friend who told me he appreciated my honesty;-). 

No comments:

Post a Comment