Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Last Days...

Greetings from Holland

Do you ever realize how fast time flies?  Well 6 months living in Rotterdam flew.  Of course, it may have been due to all the traveling I squeezed in there or that 6 months is not enough time to get established, or scratch that, you JUST get established to leave. :(

If I had it all to do over again, I would have not traveled the last month I was in the country, I wanted to spend more time with the friend's I made and see the people in the office who so openly accepted me, and knowing some I may never see again.  I don't know the frequency I'll get back, as there are so many places in the world left to see and so few vacation days...but knowing me, I'll make the time - but likely never 6 months again...

The daily walk to work
My last week back in Rotterdam (between the UK and then a week in Belgium for one final audit) was a
quick one, I finally received my permanent resident visa.  Yeah, great timing, right before I left.  See the US isn't the only nutso one.  I tried to soak in every step of the walk I took to and from work every day, have drinks with people, pack up all my sh*t, and transport at least 1 load up to Amsterdam to wait for me to leave leave (see I'd planned
to move out of my apartment on the 29th of September...and leave my excess bags at my friend's in Amsterdam while I was in Belgium, and then in Italy).  I got to see a friend who was traveling to Europe right before he moved to NYC.  And of course, I had a night out with "my" boys at "my" bar.
Just a few pics to show the final moments in Rotterdam...

The naked statue outside work...
Holland - where you can order Dominoes, a beer, and Poffertjes
One last sunny day in Amsterdam...
Oh the rain...and WIND
My office mates - Menno and Xavi
One of my adorable Cafe Pol bartenders

No comments:

Post a Comment